Saturday 15 June 2013

My Sisters' Birthday Cake

Myself, the cake and the birthday girls
  It has to be someone's birthday today so Happy Birthday from me! I love a good party as it usually means food, often something different too. For instance, birthdays mean birthday cakes. It was two of my sister's birthdays (one of which does most of the photography for this blog) this past week so I did a joint cake for them both and it worked out quite well. Take a look at the pictures, have a go at this really simple recipe for a quick and easy sponge and let me know what you think by commenting below.

Time: 10 min prep, 25 mins cooking

Serves: 12 people who like cake!

RECIPE
 1) Preheat your oven to 180 degrees and prepare two 18ish cm tins. Weigh out 8 oz. (225g) each of butter and soft, brown sugar. Cream these together with a whisk or in a mixer and then add four eggs one at a time, whisking after each addition. (Add a little flour if the mixture curdles.)
 2) Give your mix a drop of vanilla extract and weigh 8 oz. of self-raising flour. Sieve this into your bowl a little at a time and fold it in before evenly distributing between your two tins.
This cake took some thought as one
sister likes cupcakes and the other
likes dolphins 
 3) Cook for 20-25 mins and then check with a toothpick. If it comes out clean then they are done, leave to cool before turning out onto a rack.


 Now it's up to you; decorate as you will. Simply fill with a jam of your choice or use some ingenuity and come up with a design of your own. Be sure to email me some photos and a little on how things went for your very own post on my sister blog Your Blog! at onedeliciousman@gmail.com.

Seasoned with Festivity,

Jacob








Both sisters very pleased with their cake
It's done at last!

The final touches






If you are wondering about the quote on the fridge, see my brother's very cool
carpentry blog here
My littlest sister absolutely loves dolphins so I put one on the cake just for her

Piping icing...
... demands a steady hand.



























"To glorify my Savior, Jesus Christ, the Creator  
of the universe and spread further abroad His glorious gospel." - Yours Truly

No comments:

Post a Comment